Purdue University Northwest offers a variety of scholarships to recognize student achievement and provide financial assistance to help with the cost of an education. Students are awarded institutional scholarships based on donor requirements, student qualifications and fund availability. Scholarships may be awarded for merit, financial need or both. Most scholarships have deadlines and may be awarded well in advance of the next academic year. Students who are interested in pursuing scholarship opportunities are encouraged to apply early. Please visit this site often since new scholarships are posted as they become available.
Scholarships from the Office of Admissions
Purdue University Northwest is dedicated to recognizing the academic excellence of our students. Entering freshmen and new transfer students are considered for academic scholarships as part of the admissions process. These scholarships are renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the scholarship criteria and program requirements.
Annual and Endowed Scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid, in conjunction with the scholarship committee, has the privilege of awarding numerous scholarships to students due to the generosity of our donors. Students are selected based on academic performance, program of study, grade classification, enrollment status and other selection criteria.
Scholarships awarded by the Office of Financial Aid in conjunction with the scholarship committee require an application and essay which must be submitted. Applications received by the priority date – March 10, 2017 for the 2017-18 academic year will receive first consideration. Many annual and endowed scholarships are awarded by the Colleges or Academic Departments as requested by the donor. Candidates completing the scholarship application will receive first consideration for these scholarships as well. Note: completing a scholarship application does not guarantee the award of a scholarship.
Scholarships Requiring a Separate Application
Some scholarships have very specific criteria and require a separate application. Please review the criteria for each award carefully and only apply for those for which you may qualify.
- LaVerne Noyes Scholarship (PDF)
- Paul Danko Memorial Scholarship (PDF)
- Northwest Indiana McDonald’s Operators Scholarships
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Advancing Women in STEM Scholarship
- AICPA Legacy Foundation Scholarships
- Charles Holt Scholarship (Indiana Wildlife Federation)
- Crown Point Community Foundation Scholarships
- Enbridge-POWER Scholarship
- Foster Care to Success (Foster Youth Scholarships)
- Grasshopper Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Hammond College Bound Scholarship
- Indiana Sheriffs’ Association Scholarship
- Kids Chance of Indiana
- Legacy Foundation Scholarships (including the Legends Scholarship)
- Masters in Public Health Scholarships
- Purdue Alumni Club of NWI Scholarships
- Susan Hay Hemminger Scholarship
- The PayScale Scholarship: Women in STEM
- Truth Initiative Dr. Alma S Adams Scholarship
- William and Louise Allen Scholarship Application
Scholarship search engines can be a very useful tool in helping students locate scholarships. The site will often require the student to complete a profile and attempt to match the student with possible scholarship opportunities. Be cautious as you search for scholarships, if the scholarship search site or scholarship application requires a fee, avoid it! Learn more about ways to recognize and protect yourself from scholarship scams. The list below identifies popular scholarship search engines and information about scholarships:
- Federal Student Aid Scholarship Information
- FinAid Scholarship Information
- Fastweb Scholarships
Scholarship Thank You Note
Institutional scholarships are made possible through the generous support of our scholarship donors. Institutional scholarship recipients will receive a Scholarship Notification letter which contains thank you note information. Scholarship recipients should submit a thank you note to the scholarship donor. This will provide a personal touch to the donor who is funding a portion of your education and support our efforts to secure additional funding for Purdue Northwest students like you.