We want to make it as easy as possible for you to join us, so just follow the steps below and you’ll be attending classes in no time. We’ve built relationships with other colleges throughout the state and Chicago land area to ensure that as many credits as possible transfer without difficulty, so you can transfer knowing that the work you’ve already done matters.
We pride ourselves on small class sizes and personalized attention. Your future is an investment and we want to help you commit to it, succeed and graduate. To get started, simply follow these steps:
How to Transfer to PNW
- Complete an application
- Turn in required documentation
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended
- Official high school transcripts (unless you have earned an associate degree)
- $30 for credit evaluation (part of the $55 application cost)
- Log in to Your Purdue Northwest Application to view your Status Page and accept your admission offer.
- Attend NSO where you will register for classes
Transcripts that are being sent through a transcript service should use email@example.com.
Official transcripts may be mailed to Undergraduate Admissions to either:
|2200 169th St.
Hammond, IN. 46323
|1401 S. U.S. Hwy 421
Westville, IN. 46391
Transcripts that are scanned, emailed or printed directly from a student account are considered unofficial and will not satisfy the transcript requirement. Official transcripts must be submitted within six weeks of the application or a hold will be placed on your account, preventing you from registering.
Once you are admitted, your previous college work is evaluated for PNW credit. The evaluation of transcript results will be posted in your student portal (myPNW). Course grades are not transferred to your PNW record and will not be included in the computation of your grade-point average at PNW.
We encourage all of our students to apply for Financial Aid…
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Make sure PNW’s school code (001827) is added (a “correction” can be made to add our code if FAFSA is already submitted)
- All transfer students are initially awarded financial aid at a freshman level. Once credits are evaluated, contact our Financial Aid office to see if you have additional aid eligibility.